Twin pack cassette - WACF/Fair Warning

Updated
Twin pack cassette - WACF/Fair Warning

I thought about this the other day while listening to the RWTD podcast .... Anyone remember seeing the Van Halen Warner Brothers release that was a twin pack cassette package with WACF/Faiar Warning on 1 cassette tape?  WACF side 1 and Fair Warning side 2.   It's like they wanted to bolster sales of the album or something.  I wonder how that counted towards RIAA numbers?  Anyway, that was an interesting way to market both albums.  I never bought it because I wanted the separate cassettes for my collection back in the day before CD's and remasters etc.

salma w.

Thank you so much for taking the time to put it together and preventing me from having to learn the correct way the hard way. I’ll save this for future reference. Drift Boss

Roxanne K.

basketball legendsI am a new user of this site, so when I came here I found several articles and posts that had been posted by the site. I am curious and interested in some of them, and I hope that you will provide more information on this subject in your subsequent articles.

orbor n.

Fantastic, I think it's the greatest one out there, so tell me what you think! Best of luck! Fnaf

Christina B.

This is an interesting thread

Charles T.

I do recall the twin pack cassette releases! They were a fascinating strategy back in the day. As for the RIAA numbers, I believe each sale counted for the two albums, so it was a way to potentially boost sales figures for both. It indeed was an intriguing marketing move, especially considering how fans typically preferred owning individual albums. But it offered a unique value proposition for those who maybe missed out on a previous album or those new to the band. With the transition to CDs and now streaming, it's fun to reminisce about those old cassette formats and packaging quirks!

Elijah N.

Thanks for the sharing.

Emilyy E.

I haven't bought it either but would like to try DMV Practice Test it, where can I buy it?

David McCain

I had this one, yes. I also had the ULTRA rare Van Halen 1/Van Halen 2 combo cassette as well. These " Two For One " cassettes were sold throughout the Air Bases I lived at ( when my dad was in the Air Force ), especially when cassette players could switch sides without physically removing the tapes from the holder. 

Dweezil

I never saw that! I would have made the same choice and bought them separately.

Marty P.

Marty P.

Here’s an image of the tape I found online.   Just interesting marketing for these two “lower selling” albums.  

Carolyn P.

used a modern condenser mic to record them, so the deck noises are standard/high quality recordings.  vidmate app

mobdro apk

Post to Thread