Thank you Dweezil, this is great.

Updated
Thank you Dweezil, this is great.

I just got the 5150 package for my birthday.  I feel like I got a box of Godiva chocolates and I am savoring every bite.  A co-worker turned me on to Frank's music in the early 90's (grew up in a strict Christian house, Frank's titles kept his music out of my lp collection, love it now, along with your music but that's another post) but I wanted to thank you for this effort because, like many others, Edward was the whole reason I wanted to play guitar, has always been my favorite player, and I was crushed back in October with his passing.

I heard the first album when I was 15 on a portable 8-track player that someone brought to school in 78.  Everyone's head exploded when Eruption played.  Every album blew our minds.  And it soon became a shorthand way of making friends over music like Monty Python did with comedy.  I saw them play live a handful of times and was at the free concert in the streets of Dallas along with thousands of others.  It used to drive me crazy in the 80's when every guitar god was interviewed about their influences and NEVER mentioned Eddie when everything about their playing and equipment SCREAMED Edward Van Halen.  I suspect you'll go over that in some future episodes.

When he passed, I fell down the rabbit holes of tributes and came across your live video of Eruption and your stories about Edward and it really helped me appreciate what a good dude he was.  And then to see Wolfgang's video and the outpouring of these incredible stories about his generosity and humbleness in the teasers to your podcast from just about everyone you have had on so far is just so great to hear.  Bittersweet but great.

I just finished the first episode with Steve Vai.  My wife asked how I was enjoying my "birthday present" and I said, "I feel like I am a a big party, and I just found a group of guys with the BEST stories about some of my favorite things."  I keep listening and in my mind going "yes! exactly!".  Thank you so much for doing this project.  It is outstanding work and I can't believe the caliber of players who you have on tap.

Mike  R.

Excellent and decent post. It is brilliant blog. I like the way you express information to us. Thanks for such post and please keep it up.

Damaged Bravo Brown Trench Coat

Willard M.

I have been on the look out for such information.

jennifer b.

I get to listen to such music from this site which is quite new and unique and I will also tell you a unique outfit and that is Brittany Mahomes Chiefs Coat so you must try it.

Elijah N.

He was a true guitar icon, and his influence on rock and guitar playing is immeasurable. driving directions

Clifton E.

Discover atonal music and Arnold Schoenberg's contributions to this style. geometry dash world

Ronda C.

Great information to read this article!

David W.

You provide useful information tiny fishing here. My friends will like this after reading this post!

Drew B.

Eddie Van Halen was unquestionably a renowned figure in the guitar world, and he had an incalculable impact on innumerable musicians ovo game

Bill B

I'm 3 days in.  Easily the best $50 I've spent on entertainment.  I'm on #5 with Blues and I've never bothered to listen to his music but will definitely do so now.  He and Paul Gilbert had me in tears talking about the same little nuances that I've been listening to since I had a copy of VH1 and a Walkman.  They touch upon all of the nuances in the playing that I've picked up on as I've tried to create a tone for each of the 1st 6 albums on my Fractal.  I keep wanting to tell Blues "it's the .60mm pick!!!!"  its does the pinch and pick scrapes in spades and gives the chords the extra that my usual 1mm Dunlop just slightly misses out on.  Light nylon pick or old Fender Medium and 9's.  And a Frankie replica.  This podcast discovery will open my musical library to all the guests and probably the Zappa stuff.  And Blue is absolutely right about the 'Yeah' in Fools.  It's the best 'Yeah' ever recorded.  I love answering the phone that way!...   YEAH!!

Braham I.

It is an excellent post

devin r.

Thank you for sharing useful information

Dweezil

Thanks Kevin! I'm glad you're enjoying the series! Welcome to the community.

Hettinger C.

This post is really amazing. Thanks for the sharing.

Post to Thread