FZ;s 80th birthday

Updated
Marco M.

FZ would've turned eighty today - he left us twenty-three years too soon.

I am convinced he would be even more disgusted with politics and the state of things in this country (and the world) now than he ever was.

Zappa stood for freedom and freedom of expression - for the rest of them lame fearful "individuals" he wrote (among others) "Suicide chump"

Thank you Frank!

alisha k.

Thank

Byrd F.

In celebration of Frank's 80th birthday, I spent the day listening to mario games his music. Naturally, I have his songs on repeat most of the time. On this planet, we feel an absence of him. I would like to express my gratitude to Dweezil for all that he has done to carry the flame. I can't wait for your next tour to come around! You make him incredibly proud!

Russell T.

Just finished Pauline Butcher Bird's revised book about her time in Laurel Canyon. Would absolutely love to hear what Frank would have to say these days. OMG. Thank you Dweezil for continuing the pursuit of musical embellishment, eyebrows and all. 

Runolfsson Y.

Thank you for the explanation. It is clear for me Indigo Card

Eldridge W.

What can I really say about Beefheart? The mold was not so much broken but shattered when he was made. He was a creative force to be reckoned with. Be it as a painter, singer, composer, or harmonica player, Don brought a unique energy to anything he tackled. His words were poetry, somewhere between the surrealist wordplay of Lewis Carroll and the free form delivery and nonconformist streak of the beat poets. His music fused free jazz and avant garde into this weird Delta swamp blend that he created with the help of his Magic Band and nobody has ever been able to recreate.

TargetPayandBenefits

CEddy10165

I'm thankful to have been alive in proximity to the era of Zappa music. It's had a major impact on my life.

Vicki H.

I spent today listening to Frank’s music in honor of his 80th. Of course I listen to his music most days. He’s missed here on earth. Thank you Dweezil for all you’ve done to carry the torch! Can’t wait to see your next tour! He is so proud of you! 
Vicki

Post to Thread